Studio Policies dancehampton Policies & Procedures
1. Registration -There will be an annual non-refundable registration fee of $30 per family which must be paid in full before a student(s) is placed on the class list and allowed to participate.
2. Tuition Payments – payments will be due according to the tuition schedule. Discounts are offered for paying tuition in full. No refunds will be given.
3. Late Fees- A $5.00 late fee will be added to your account if payment is not received by the 15th of the month your payment is due. An additional $10.00 late fee will be added to your account if payment isn’t received by the end of the month. Payments are expected to be on time regardless of whether or not your child has been in class. Students may not be allowed to participate if accounts are more than 30 days late.
4. Returned Checks - A charge of $25 will be billed to your account for any returned checks.
5. Refunds – dancehampton has a NO REFUND policy.
6. Annual Recital – There are additional costs involved in performing at the end of the year:
Recital Package: $45 Includes access fee for our video recording as well as a recital t-shirt. This fee will be added to your account on April 1, 2019
Costumes: First costume $85 Each additional costume $75 Costume fees will be due by January 15th, 2019. Costumes not paid in full by January 25, 2019 will be subject to an additional charge of $20.00 per costume and will not be ordered until payment is received. This may result in you not receiving your recital costume in time for the recital. All tuition, late fees, and costume payments must be paid in order to receive your costume.
Tickets: Tickets will be sold in advance for $15 each and at the door for $20.
1. Communication- dancehampton uses EMAIL as its main source of communication. It is the responsibility of parents to be informed of upcoming events, tuition deadlines, rehearsals, etc. regardless of email status. Updates will also be posted on our Facebook and Instagram pages. A monthly newsletter will be sent via email with important information and updates.
2. Questions/concerns – We do our best to provide the most professional, organized and friendly atmosphere possible. If you have a question or concern, we are here for you. However, we would appreciate it if you not approach the instructor during class time or between classes to discuss the matter. If your dancer is unhappy with something that happened during a class, please ask to speak to the director. Often there is simply a miscommunication.
3. Withdraw – Should you or your child decide to withdraw from a class, PLEASE let us know so that we can adjust our class plans and allow a new student to fill the empty space. If your child is absent for two weeks and we have not heard from you, we may assume that you have withdrawn and the space may be filled. No refunds will be given.
Closings / Inclement Weather / Drop off & Pick up
1. Studio Closings – dancehampton follows the calendar of local school districts. As a general rule of thumb, if school is closed, we are closed.
2. Snow Policy – dancehampton follows the local school districts for inclement weather. Should we need to cancel, we will immediately announce via email as well as our FACEBOOK and Instagram page. Classes will not be refunded or credited due to bad weather but we will do our best to create a make-up class.
3. Drop Off – Students who are mature enough to look after themselves, sit and read or do homework while waiting for class are welcome to come early if needed; however, younger students should be accompanied by an adult or should not be dropped off until it is time for their class. Please keep in mind that the hallway and studio should remain quiet while classes are in session. We are placing a digital clock in the hallway and we are asking that dancers and parents do not enter the studio until 5 minutes prior to their class.
4. Pick Up – For the safety of your children, we ask that NO students wait outside alone to be picked up.